Why join Billingbear?
To get an official handicap – We offer very reasonable handicap membership options so you can afford to maintain your handicap with Billingbear and enter as many competitions as you wish. You can still pay and play so are not tied to only playing one course. Our memberships are ideal for someone who loves playing at Billingbear, wants to set up an official handicap and enter some relaxed competitions to be in with the chance of receiving a medal at the presentation evening.
To play some competitive golf – By joining Billingbear and getting a handicap you can play in our weekend/ weekday competitions.
Is there a way to meet more golfers if I don’t know anyone?
Yes! With a reputation for being one of the most friendly clubs around, you will make friends in no time! We have a roll up group held on Mondays at 2pm in the summer and 1pm in the winter. Also on Wednesdays and Fridays at 8am. There is no need to book, just come along and you will be matched with a friendly group to enjoy a round of golf with. Ladies and gents welcome.
We also have a ladies group who play every week, please contact Debbie Jackson on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What does it cost?
9 hole membership is £43 per year, 18 hole membership is £86 per year, both include the English Golf Union fee.
When can I join?
The membership year runs from 1st May (9 hole) and 1st June (18 hole) but you can join at anytime and pay a pro rata amount.
What do I get for my money?
Both 9 and 18 hole members will receive:
- An official EGU handicap
- A discount on their green fees, when playing in a club competition. For further details contact us, or ask at the clubhouse
- Billingbear official members badge for your bag
- Invitation to the annual prize giving BBQ and par 3 event at Billingbear
- Exclusive access to the English Golf Union members site as well as members benefits and discounts, click here for more information
What is the difference between a 9 and 18 hole membership?
18 hole members:
- May enter all of our weekend and mid week competitions. Click here for a list of dates
- May enter all trophy events and nine hole competitions.
9 hole members:
- May enter all 9 hole qualifying competitions which are held on the first and third Mondays and Wednesdays each month, between February and November. Click here for a list of dates
- May play in the three 18 hole trophy competitions open to all members, and take part in the Pairs Knockout Competition held during year
What else happens at Billingbear?
We run lots of fun events throughout the year open to all. Keep an eye on the website and the notice board in the Clubhouse for upcoming events.
All competitions are Ladies and Men’s mixed unless stated otherwise.
Each June we hold a members’ presentation evening, with a BBQ and par three competition. This is followed by the presentation of the prizes for the previous year’s competitions.